Photo credit: Kelly Kempe
Welcome to our LVE PTA website! To fully access this site, create a Membership Toolkit account (you do not need to be a PTA member to create an account). Once logged in, you'll be able to update your family information for the online directory (you can opt in or out), join PTA, sign up for volunteer opportunities, access pages just for families and members, access classroom message boards, and more! For detailed instructions on how to register and create an account, click here (text) or here (video) and here (video).
About LVE PTA Amazon Smile Background Check Become a Sponsor Birthday Info Calendar Log Volunteer Hours LVE Website Partnership Programs PTA Newsletter Photo Gallery Spirit Nights Staff Directory Teacher Favorites
Congratulations to our students, faculty, and staff at Lakeview Elementary!
In the TEA ratings for the 2021-2022 school year, Lakeview Elementary earned an A Rating and distinction for academic growth. This is an amazing accomplishment, and we are so proud of all the hard work put forth by our students, teachers, administration, and staff.
Watch our highlight video from Fall Movie Night - thank you to everyone
who came out to support us and to all our volunteers! We love our Viking Family!
Click here for a better resolution video.
Glow Run 2023!
- What: Glow Run Fundraiser 2023
- How: students will run laps to earn money; the more they run, the more they earn. Students who are unable to run laps (physical limitation, Ramadan, etc.) will have an alternative activity they can do to earn "laps". To get started, go to mybooster.com and register your student(s).
- When: donations can start March 10th and will run through April 5th. The actual run will happen during each grade's outclass period on Friday, March 31st. Prizes will be passed out on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays until the Glow Run. Incentives will be coordinated to happen after the Glow Run in April - May (food prizes will occur in May, after Ramadan).
- Why: to raise money for the school! The more we earn, the more we can do!
- Where: in the gym, which will be set up with neon decor and black lights.
- Thank you to our Sprint Sponsors - Jeremy Adams State Farm Agency and Torlan Engineering; our Run Sponsor - Bass Construction and The Ma Family; and our Walk Sponsors - Lull Kids, The Foster Law Firm, and The Pathikonda Family!
- We need your help! Calling for volunteers the week of, the day before (set up), or the day of the Glow Run! Sign up to volunteer here.
- WEEKEND CHALLENGE! Starting after school on Friday (March 24th) until Sunday at midnight (March 26th), the class who has the most donations (number of donations from different donors, not AMOUNT of money), will win 5 extra raffle tickets per student PLUS glow-in-the-dark tattoos to wear at the Glow Run!
Progress: Classes (average amount raised per student)
ECSE - Gomez: 0
PK - Coleman: 9.55
Kinder - Atkinson: 57.22
Kinder - Bogaard: 66.38
1 - Thurman: 77.23
1 - Jackson: 142.84
1 - Burton: 116.06
2 - Hachach: 138.26
2 - Armentrout: 25.00
3 - Jahn: 75.23
3 - Wright: 2.61
4 - MacCurdy: 54.19
4 - Baker: 33.75
5 - Kelleher: 86.10
5 - Crawford: 3.06
SAILS - Adepoju: 0
Leading Class (% student with pledges): Kelleher (100%) - CONGRATS!
Progress: Grade Level (average amount raised per student)
ECSE + PK: 6.00
1st Grade: 112.67
2nd Grade: 82.84
3rd Grade: 38.92
4th Grade: 43.97
5th Grade + SAILS: 32.31
Total Amount Raised: $17,573
Current Top 10 Students:
Cody M., Arya K., Adrian D., Alexa D., Emma C., Aanika B., Simon S., Michael O., Tristan T., Gio S., Xavier S.
Last updated Friday, March 24th at 11:07 PM
If you DON'T have a Lakeview student to donate towards, you can donate to our school here. Your donation during our Fundraising period until April 5th will go towards our school goal of $20,000 and will help the students earn their school prizes!
Spring Book Fair: 3/27 - 3/31
- Scholastic Book Fair is coming to Lakeview March 27th to March 31st, during Outclass time (8:15a-11:30a and 12p-2:30p), as well 4p-6p on March 28th.
- Books will be sold at the Lakeview Library. eWallet and credit/debit card sales only; no cash. Visit our Scholastic site to set up your eWallet: https://bookfairs.scholastic.
- Sign up to volunteer with the scholastic book fair here!
Nominations for 2023-2024 are now open
- Consider a leadership position for next year's PTA. Nominate your self or someone you know with the this NOMINATION FORM
- Not sure? We are here to make the transition easy and answer any questions you have. Remember, your PTA is what YOU make it.
- Information of Executive Board positions here (president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, parliamentarian); information on committee chair descriptions here.
- Email general question to firstname.lastname@example.org or check out out PTA information page to contact to the current board and committee chairs.
Check out the most recent PTA Newsletter! (published January 24th)
- What the PTA has been up to and where our money is going
- Volunteer spotlights
- And so much more - click here to see it!
Yearbooks on Sale
- Only 20 yearbooks left!
- Make sure to purchase your yearbook today! Direct link here.
- Yearbooks are $30.
- Here's a sneak peek at this year's cover (artwork submitted by our 5th graders):
Our Sponsorship program is up and running! Become a sponsor today!
Sponsorships are open for both businesses (corporate sponsorships) or individuals / families. Corporate sponsorships begin at $250 and family sponsorships begin at $25!
Learn about our sponsorship program and your incentives here!
Time to update your criminal background check!
- This needs to be done annually for all visitors wishing to volunteer on-campus. Background checks reset on July 1st each year.
- Click here to be directed to the FBISD Criminal Background Check page.
Lakeview in the News: www.fox26houston.com/video/1049184
2022-23 Faculty Favorites
Click on the teacher or staff member below to find out more about the things they love. Links to their Amazon Wishlists are also available (if provided). Teachers and Staff: don't see yours listed below? Email us at email@example.com to get on the list! :)
ECSE3: Kristi Gomez, Amanda Torres, Sidri Jones
Pre-K: Taelor Coleman, Elaine Jones (Aide)
Kindergarten: Sharon Atkinson, Michelle Bogaard, Courtney Myers (Aide)
1st Grade: Kim Jackson, Erica Thurman, Crystal Burton
2nd Grade: Bonnie Armentrout, Cindy Hachach
3rd Grade: Kimberley Brown-Jahn, Nicole Wright
4th Grade: Kayla MacCurdy, Kristen Baker
5th Grade: Allison Crawford, Toni Kelleher
Special Education Teachers: Christy Adepoju, Paula Brown, Caroline Dusek, Antonette Smith,
Special Education Aides: Marissa Rodriquez, Claudia Gonzalez, Joseph Navetta,
Cheniera Jackson Bowens, Natalie Wrigley, Sherley Rostogio
Enrichment: Tiffany Achiu, Charity Alford, Michelle Sanchez, Kathleen Clark (So)
Front Office: Heidi McKeehan, Karen Staudt, Jeanetta Dioquino, Mandy Sosa (BPE/LVE District Aide),
Specialists: Vanessa Collier, Andrea Phillips, Shirley Traughber, Farah Jamal
Supporting Staff:Jessica Yanez (Nurse), Kathy Bogaard (Nurse Aide/Counselor Aide),
Christina Rugen (Speech), Heather Trinh (Asst. Speech Path),
Diane Jackson (Diagnostic), Rod Martin (Social Worker)
Custodial Team: Mick Okoroski, Sonia James, Stefanie Buchanan, Rosa Mendez
Cafeteria Staff: Antonieta Garcia, Christian Washington, Angela Hall, Safia Yousef
Campus Compliance Coordinator: Nekeidra Wilridge
School Counselor: Beth Mullins
Assistant Principal: Alexis Prudhomme
Principal: Alena McClanahan